I have been really struggling this week.
Struggling with my hatred for an individual I have never met.
Since I have left this hatred in my heart, I believe that it is affecting my health. I need to let it go.
No amount of hatred can undo the damage that was done to David in the 9 month period that she had custody of his body before he was born. No amount of hatred will make him whole. So why be hateful?
Ghandi said it best. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
Forgiving isn’t the same as forgetting. All we have to do is look into David’s eyes to remember. All we have to do is to remember that without her, we wouldn’t have this child to call our son, our brother, our family.
All of our energies should be spent helping David achieve everything that he can, rather than hating the person who made him the way he is through her time of weakness.
I will work everyday to let go of the hatred.
I seek forgiveness for allowing the hatred to consume my heart. My family deserves better from me.
- Post #6: Forgiveness (ekamerzel.wordpress.com)
- I Forgive You… (slewnwords.wordpress.com)
- Forgiving Those You Hate: Why It’s Important to Forgive and Move on with Your Life (mosvinbami.com)
- The Work of Forgiveness (gettingbetterman.wordpress.com)
- Forgiveness (scoxblog.wordpress.com)
- Don’t look at it as forgiveness… look at it as acceptance (aclairavoyantjourney.wordpress.com)