On January 16th, mom and I will be moving our son to a facility 500 miles from home.
During this process we have more questions than we have answers.
- What happens next year if this new facility decides they are no longer appropriate for David?
- It took a long time to get David comfortable with the teaching staff, shouldn’t we have an IEP meeting with the new school prior to placement so that the new school can be made aware of what works and doesn’t work with him?
- Will he miss us, as much as we miss him?
- When can he move back to his home state? Who decides that he is stable enough for that to happen?
What a way to ring in the new year!
- A win, no matter how you look at it (whynotfathers.com)
- Bed Available! (whynotfathers.com)
- tentative move date scheduled for David (whynotfathers.com)
- A watershed moment (whynotfathers.com)
- Facility Transfer and Medication Changes (whynotfathers.com)